Enerspec is licensed by Natural Resources Canada to provide the EnerGuide Rating System for existing residential homes. If you are looking for an EnerGuide Evaluation to claim incentives from green initiatives, please see the services we provide to assist below.
*If you are applying for grant programs or green initiatives, it is required to have the Renovation Upgrade Service.*
Standard Energy ServiceThis is the introductory service for receiving an EnerGuide label from Natural Resources Canada.
- Take measurements of the building envelope and assess components
- Measure and record all windows specifications
- Measure and record all mechanical systems specifications
- Measure and record any renewable energy systems specifications
- Perform an airtightness test
- Perform an exhaust devices depressurization test
- Provide homeowner with relevant publication from Natural Resources Canada
- Explain the contents of the Homeowner Information Sheet from Natural Resources Canada
- Model the home in Hot 2000 a proprietary program from Natural Resources Canada
- Provide Homeowner with EnerGuide Label, Homeowner’s Information Sheet, Guide to the EnerGuide Label for Homes
Renovation Upgrade ServiceThis service will include specialty items required for home renovation upgrades from NRCAN.
- All items included in Standard Service
- Identify air leakage points during airtightness test
- Discuss planned upgrades with Homeowner, provide council and recommendations
- Receive documentation specified in Standard Service
- Determine potential for Energy Efficiency upgrades including those discussed with Homeowner
- Apply ‘house-as-a-system concept’ to propose & prioritize upgrade recommendations in the form of a roadmap.
- Provide homeowner with renovation upgrade report to review all findings and potential suggestions for efficiency changes
- Repeat airtightness test after renovations
- Homeowner receives amended EnerGuide label and amended Homeowner’s Information Sheet.
- If the building envelope is altered during the renovation, extra modelling charges will apply